The contents of my handbag tend to change on a regular basis, but we all have those “handbag essentials” that we simply can’t go without! Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, a full-time worker or a student, there are a few everyday essentials that we can’t leave the house without. If I didn’t carry a bag of some kind, how else would I feed my latest craving, upload my pictures or freshen up before a night out with my girls? My handbags are not super clean or neat but I thought it’d be fun to share what things I intentionally carry in my handbag and why!
1. Wallet: I’m all about having an organized wallet. I typically try to stay away from large wallets that take up too much room in my bag, but I also love for everything to have its own place. This Kate Spade wallet is perfect for me because it’s a good size while still having lots of compartments and slots for everything. It’s also easily accessible and has a zipper for extra security (keeping everything inside).
2. Cosmetic Case: My cosmetic case usually varies on a daily basis, depending on what my activities consist of that day. However, I will always carry my favorite lip gloss, extra mascara, chapstick, bobby pins and a ponytail holder, just in case. This Madewell Crystalline Zip Pouch is made for tossing into a tote, it’s easy to clean, durable, and won’t break the bank! I also love that it’s clear so you won’t be searching in the dark for your go-to items.
3. Keys and phone: This one’s obvious. I need them, always. My keys and iPhone are on me at all times.
4. Planner: Between work, appointments, parties and other important dates, I’m dependent on a planner. I’ve become obsessed with Sugar Paper’s Agenda line! Each planner/calendar has plenty of space for all of your notes and lets you view your plans at a monthly glance or day-by-day. It’s also designed well and small enough to carry around with you.
5. Picture Keeper Connect: If you’re anything like me, you take LOTS of pictures throughout your week. It is SUCH a relief to know that I have a tool like Picture Keeper Connect that I can bring with me wherever I go as a photo backup. This simple device backs up my pictures, videos, and contacts in a matter of minutes and allows me to clear up space on my phone so that I can continue to make new memories. It’s also small, meaning I can fit it in my handbag without taking up much room. I won’t leave the house without it!
6. Sunglasses: I always have sunglasses with me, especially for when I’m driving. My go-to pair would have to be these adorable Oakley Women’s Feedback glasses. Being extra sensitive to light, my eyes are always in need of some reliable protection from the sun.
7. Snacks: Last but definitely not least, I always keep a snack close by. Whether you prefer mints, chocolate or a salty snack, it’s a good idea to bring something along that can quickly cure your sweet tooth or ease your hunger when you have a busy day planned.
What are your bag necessities that you can’t leave the house without?