Sometimes the best memories are made miles apart. This week, we discover Rosemarie R.’s sweet story of family sacrifice.
Rosemarie’s father retired two years ago and relocated from his home in New York City all the way to California to help Rosemarie’s sister through her pregnancy. He remained in California to help raise his granddaughter, which is such an amazing and selfless sacrifice. Here is Rosemarie’s story on her favorite photo:
1. Name: Rosey Rodriguez
2. Where are you from?: New York City
3. When was this photo taken?: August 17, 2016.
4. Where was this photo taken?: “In my living room in New York City. The photo was taken as a screen shot on my iPhone while I was Skyping my Dad and Niece in Palm Springs, CA.”
5. Tell us about why you chose this as your favorite photo: “This is my favorite photo because it captures the excitement of me talking with my dad and niece. It’s our weekly time to catch up and also to see how much my niece is growing, talking and even singing to me. My Dad retired in 2014 and relocated from New York City to California to help my sister with her pregnancy and new house and ulitmately started his retirement in year-round sunny weather. I miss my father so much but these memories last forever through photos.”
6. What do you want to remember about this photo?: “What I want to remember is that she sang her ABC’s and 1 2 3’s to me in her tiny little itty-bitty voice and would call me Tia (Spanish for Aunt) which would make me melt. Each week we would FaceTime or Skype so that we can see each other until the time comes when I can fly over for vacation and see them in person.”
7. What memories does the photo bring back to you?: “The memories that this photo brings to me was the times my daughter would sit on my dad’s lap and now, 26 years later, he is enjoying his second granddaughter.”
8. If you could choose one word to describe this photo, what would that word be?: “Joyful.”
9. Lastly, how would you feel if you lost this photo?: “I would feel awful if I were to lose this photo because it brings lots of happiness to me knowing that my dad is helping my sister. When I can’t call or see him, I like to look back at all our photos and know that these memories last forever through pictures.”
Memories like this are priceless and can NEVER be replaced! Picture Keeper Connect gives you the ability to save these memories and hold them close to you, at all times. It is our prioroity to help you protect the precious memories that you make, and to prove it to you, we are offering our #MyFavoritePhoto readers a special discount. Use code MYFAVEPHOTO at online check out and enjoy 40% off as our gift to you! Making memories doesn’t cost a lot, and neither should saving them.