DIY Mother’s Day Photo Planter
We’re always on the lookout for fun DIY projects to try, and this photo planter by Little Red Window is perfect for Mother’s Day! It’s a fun way to feature your favorite photos (think: cute photos of the kids), but also give Mom a beautiful plant to go inside. It’s incredibly easy too, so even the non-crafty person can do it!
What You Need:
- Wood cube planter (preferably with a liner for the plant, but you can always add a pot!)
- 4 of your favorite photos in black & white
- Matte Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Measure your planter. Size your photos accordingly. Save your photos in black & white on your Picture Keeper Connect. Take the Picture Keeper Connect to your local print station or plug it directly into your laser printer.
- Cut your photos out.
- Apply mod podge to the front of the photos. Make sure it’s a tick coat!
- Place mod podged side of the photo on one side of the planter. Smooth out any bubbles on the photo. Place a photo on each side and repeat the step.
- Let planter dry overnight.
- The next day, wet one side of the planter (don’t submerge the planter!). Gently rub away the paper with your finger tip. Repeat until all the paper pieces are gone!
- Repeat step #6 on each side.
- Coat the planter with mod podge to protect it.
- Place your plant in the planter.
Ta-dah! You now have an incredibly cute gift just for Mom! It has a rustic-look about it, and it’s something special that will make Mom smile wherever she puts it. Thanks, Little Red Window for the perfect Mother’s Day DIY idea!
If you’re looking for the best way to transfer your photos for the DIY, check out Picture Keeper Connect. It will not only come in handy for other crafts, but it’s also a great way for Mom to save all her precious memories directly from her smartphone. Learn more here.