In honor of the first official week of Fall, here are 13 Autumn Activities for the whole family!
1. Rake up fallen leaves. The kids will love jumping into the pile of leaves, and you’ll clean up your yard at the same time!
2. Go apple picking. Planning a day trip to the nearest orchard is a hit for the whole family!
3. Make s’mores. Keep warm with a bonfire and s’mores on a chilly Autumn night.
4. Toast pumpkin seeds. Halloween is approaching, if you plan on carving a pumpkin, save the seeds! A quick google search will bring up hundreds of recipes for toasted Pumpkin seeds, but this Pillsbury Guide is a great place to start!
5. Visit farmers market. The cooler weather during fall is perfect for a stroll around the farmers market.
6. Make apple cider. This recipe by The Stay at Home Chef is made in the crock pot and makes your home smell DELICIOUS!
7. “Boo!” your neighbors. Check out Tiny Mom’s print outs and instructions to surprise your neighbors with a fun Halloween treat!
8. Visit a museum. Colder weather means finding things to do inside to stay warm. Try visiting a museum for some fun inside!
9. Make a hearty stew. Nothing warms you up like a good, hearty meal. This Irish classic by Aberdeen’s Kitchen is my go-to!
10. Read a new book. Set aside some me time this fall and pick out a new book! I’ll be reading The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, which is available as of September 10th.
11. Unpack your cold weather clothing. Pack up your warm weather clothing and make space for those sweaters and scarfs!
12. Decorate your home for fall. Get festive and creative with your decor! We’ve already collected all of our favorite DIY Fall Wreaths to get you started!
13. Backup your summer photos, videos, and documents with a Picture Keeper drive. Don’t run out of space for all of your Fall and Holiday photos!